National Legal Writing Competition by Delex Doctorum 2.0: Register by 23rd August.
About the organization.
De Lex Doctorum is a leading national online legal platform entirely run by exuberant legal Luminaries.
We, at De Lex Doctorum, strive to build a comprehensive and erudite database catering to the legal requisites of the law students’ community in India. We have a holistic vision aimed at creating an authentic space wherein law students from across the country can articulately express themselves via articles/opinion pieces and share information related to academia and co-curricular.
Our motto is to thrive on the legal community and soar to greater heights by providing legal services to the downtrodden; as well as to enlighten the legal academia by keeping them abreast of the legal updates around the globe by means of a dedicated blog and a website.
About the Competition
This Competition is organized by Team Delexdoctorum. This competition is about developing a strong opinion about issues that matter and honing one’s writing skills to present oneself well. This competition can be used as a great opportunity for the students to explore and develop their writing skills. The endeavour is to instill in students an excellent expression of thought on paper and provide them with a space for growth, improvement, and better learning.
Theme of the Competition:
The submission should be in form of Long Research papers, Short articles, Essays, Notes, and Comments on any issue of contemporary relevance in the field of law.
Who is it For?
The competition is open to students pursuing UG/PG (Law) in India. The students shall register by filling the online form.
Co-authorship: up-to two authors are permitted.
Last date of registration: 23rd August, 2021
Last date of submission of manuscript: 30th August, 2021
Date of Result announcement: 7th September, 2021
- All the participants are required to submit their manuscripts through google form which will be circulated after the successful registration, through email.
- The manuscripts must be submitted in the English language only.
- Entries can be co-authored. However, a maximum of two authors per entry is allowed.
- Times New Roman font, in font size 12 is prescribed for all entries. Further, footnotes shall be in font size 10 and in Times New Roman font.
- A line spacing of 1.5 for the main text and 1.0 for footnotes should be followed.
- All submissions should be in doc or docx format; submissions in pdf shall not be accepted.
- Manuscripts should be of the word limit(excluding footnotes) between 4,500-6,000 words for Long research papers, 2,500-4,000 words for Short articles & Essays, and 1,500-3,000 words for notes and comments. The main submission must not contain the credentials of the author(s) or the name of their institution.
- A separate cover letter containing the specifications of the author(s) must be attached to the e-mail.
- The manuscripts must be submitted in the .doc/.docx file only.
- The submissions must be original works and should not have been published elsewhere.
- All publications are subject to a plagiarism check if the work is found to be plagiarized then the submission will be not be published (plagiarism is allowed 20%).
- The submission should be free from all grammatical & spelling errors.
- The Bluebook Uniform System of Citation (20th edition) shall be strictly adhered to.
- All submissions must be made in the electronic form under the subject heading.
2. Citation formats (for instance the candidate is following bluebook or other such citation formats throughout their paper).
3. How good did the candidate structured the whole manuscript (that includes points on Introduction, argumentative stands and the conclusion drawn on the basis of the said argumentative stands)
4. Material (research work, legal points, statutory point, anything authentic research to prove the said argumentative point)
5. General guidelines should be strictly followed.
In all matters related to the Competition, the decision of the Panel (Judges) and Team Delexdoctorum shall be final and conclusive.
Interested students are required to duly fill the registration form which is given here or given below, after doing the payment.
Single Author: Rs. 500/-
Co-Author: Rs. 800/-
Pay the registration amount through Paytm or Google pay or UPI:
UPI I’d – [email protected]
Google Pay: 7644055237
Account Holders Name – Anshu.
Rewards & Prizes
Awards: Worth Rs. 5,000/-
Winner: Cash Prize of Rs. 1200/- + Certificate of Excellence + Certificate of Publication + Publication in our Journal + E-copy of the Journal.
1st Runner-Up: Cash Prize of Rs. 800/- + Certificate of Excellence + Certificate of Publication + Publication in our Journal + E-copy of the Journal.
2nd Runner-Up: Cash Prize of Rs. 500/- + Certificate of Excellence + Certificate of Publication + Publication in our Journal + E-copy of the Journal.
4th Position – 10th Position: Certificate of Merit + Certificate of Publication + Publication in our Journal + E-copy of the Journal.
All the participants will get a Certificate of Participation.
Note: Co-Authors shall receive separate certificates
Note: Other than the top 10 manuscripts can also be selected for free publications at Delexdoctorum Journal, subject to the conditions and quality of the paper. Those shortlisted manuscripts will be announced on the date of the result.
Anshu Prasad: +91 6202903637 ; +91 7644055237
Rishab Bhandari: +91 9878134703 ; +91 8264151223
Email: [email protected]
Click here for the official website.